Gifts of Retirement Assets
Give More for Less
How it works
You name The Marshall University Foundation, Inc. as the beneficiary
of your IRA, 401(k) or other qualified plan.
Any residual left in your plan when you die passes to the MU Foundation tax-free.
- You can escape both income AND estate tax levied on the residual left in your retirement account by leaving it to the MU Foundation.
- You can continue to take withdrawals during your lifetime.
- You can change your beneficiary if your circumstances change.
- You can elect to leave retirement plan assets to the MU Foundation through your will or revocable trust instead.
- You can have the satisfaction of knowing that your hard-earned retirement assets will support the MU Foundation when you are gone.