Charitable Remainder Unitrusts
A Bucket of Flexible Income
How it works
You transfer cash, securities or other appreciated property into a trust.
The trust pays a percentage of the market value of the assets re-valued annually to you or to beneficiaries you name.
When the trust ends, the principal passes to the MU Foundation.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution to the trust.
- You pay no capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- You or your designated beneficiaries receive income for life or a term of years.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow and qualify for additional tax deductions.
- You can have the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and the MU Foundation later.